Sports participation is one of the most common causes of injuries. It is a fact that people who engage in sports are more likely to suffer from muscle and tendon injuries and fractures compared to people who do not engage in sports activities. But there is no doubt that the advantages of engaging in sports and living an active life outweigh the cons. Learning about what causes sports injuries can help reduce these and will also help promote more efficient workouts. Here are some of the most common causes of sports injuries.
- Poor training methods
Poor training is a general term for not following prescribed methods and techniques of the sport. Every type of sport has its own particular technique, from warm up exercises to cooling down; not being able to receive proper training and not using recommended equipment for training may all contribute to injuries. Engaging in exercises and sports too quickly and doing so continuously despite signs of pain may also lead to injuries.
- Structural abnormalities
Each person has his own unique bone architecture and therefore each one has his own weak points. Just some of the common predisposing factors that could put a person at risk for developing injuries are uneven leg length, having flat feet, having over-high arches and being bowlegged or with knock-knee alignment.
– Uneven leg length increases the likelihood of having an injury because this condition makes walking and running awkwardly. People who have this condition tend to walk on uneven sides of the road. This could result in more injuries since on the hip of the leg that strikes the surface of the higher part of the road.
– Pronation of the foot or the inward rolling of the foot is after the heel strikes the ground before the weight is shifted to the ball of the foot. As the foot rolls inwards, the foot spreads the impact of the foot to the ground. This places uneven stress on nearby muscles as well as ligaments found in the higher part of the leg. It’s worth visiting an osteopath in Marylebone London to make sure none of these problems are present.
A very rigid ankle could also lead to injuries as it could lead to the effects of a cavus foot. In this condition, the arch of the foot may appear normal but it looks very high since the foot does not flatten inwards when weight is placed on it. The foot is too rigid and does not help absorb stress; this increases the risk of fractures that may appear on the upper leg.
– Bow-leggedness or knock knees places stress on the knees and ankles over time. This condition also increases the likelihood of ankle sprains.
- Unsafe environments
Playing sports or training in unsafe environments increases the likelihood of suffering from injuries. For instance, swimming or diving in the ocean or the sea is dangerous compared to swimming in a pool where there are unpredictable environments. Another example is playing or training on the street as opposed to training in a gym, park or field.
- Not wearing prescribed safety equipment
There is required safety equipment for every type of sport and non-compliance definitely increases the risk of suffering from sports injuries. This rule applies not only applies to contact sports but it could also apply to other kinds of sports or activities like jogging or walking for instance.
Walking or jogging requires safe and well-designed footwear to protect the feet and ankles from injuries. Bikers or cyclists need regulation-prescribed helmets, elbow pads and knee pads while boxers also need a different kind of helmet and special gloves for protection against injuries.
- People who play racquet sports are more prone to injuries
It’s a fact that people who play racquetball are more prone to wrist and elbow injuries. A racquetball player has to grasp the racquet firmly and as this happens, the impact of the ball hitting the racquet could cause injuries to the hand, wrist and elbow leading to conditions like tennis elbow.
Playing tennis causes an injury known as rotator cuff tendinitis. This is a condition wherein the rotator cuff or the shoulder joint becomes sore due to continuous play. The tendons near the shoulder joint could tear off or fray and the only treatment for this condition is surgery.
If you have a perfect healthy diet and dietary habits, you can enter a world that guarantees healthy lifestyle for a longer period of time. Health is one of the primary necessities of humankind and to ensure 100% effective health, one has to follow strict diet and way of living. Apart from making changes in your lifestyle, you must focus on many other facets of your life. You have to go through various adaptations and make serious changes and modifications in your life. Only practicing exercises and sticking on to healthy food would not let you have fully maintained health because you need to focus on your overall health and development of body. This will provide you fitness only for a limited amount of time or to your limited body parts. For this, we need to provide you best hacks that can help in giving you a healthy living for all times:
- Take effective care of your heart: When you consume food that has low levels of sodium content and reduced levels of cholesterol, this will help you in lowering the risks that can disturb the proper functioning of heart. There are several types of fats that play a very vital role in your day to day diet and this can also enhance the level of danger that you may have while consuming these food.
- Control bad cholesterol: There are quite a few bad cholesterol can deteriorate the layer of your lungs, heart and diaphragm. This makes your body plump and full of excessive fat. They also interrupt with the metabolism of your body and will disturb the processes like digestion, respiration, circulation of blood. This also makes your body weak and feeble, making your immune system weak.
- Take proper care of your bones: When you consume a balanced diet that contains high level of calcium, it gives you better potential and caliber to provide strength to your bones and teeth. It also provides you with higher levels of energy that is required in supporting joints. If you take proper care of your bones, you will get free from arthritis problems and even get rid of joint pain.
- Keep up with high energy: The most important benefit of consuming a balanced diet is that is provides best levels of energy to the body. If you trim down on excessive fat, sugar and advanced carbohydrates, it will help you to keep the blood pressure stable and steady. Try to take smaller and 4 to 5 meals a day, so that it will provide you with constant energy all through the day.
- Control your weight: Obesity is one of the biggest problems we all are going through. If you maintain a balanced and healthy diet that contains all the nutrients that you need, it will help you to stay fit and cut down excess weight. Control on fewer calories and cut down sugar which is the major reason of growth of fat.